Chocolate chip cookies are quite possibly the best cookies out there. They’ve got it all…a little crisp on the edges, a soft center, and all those melty chocolate chips embedded into that sugary-sweet dough. Bake ‘em like a rockstar with this classic chocolate chip cookie recipe!
Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
If you’ve always bought those ready-made cookie doughs then get ready for the best chocolate chip cookies EVER. This easy chocolate chip cookie recipe is simple to make and taste amazing. These cookies will rock your world!
Ingredients in Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies
- All-purpose flour – This is where the dough starts.
- Baking soda – Rounds out the cookie to give it a golden color.
- Baking powder – Provides a bit of lift.
- Sea salt – An excellent contrast for all the sweetness.
- Butter – For this cookie, you want salted butter which makes the chocolate chips really stand out. Have it melted before you begin!
- Granulated sugar – A necessity!
- Brown sugar – Adding this gives these cookies a caramelized flavor. Be sure to pack it well when measuring to get the proper amount.
- Eggs – Grab 2 large ones.
- Vanilla extract – Essential in homemade chocolate chip cookies.
- Chocolate chips – Choose the semi-sweet ones. You’ll need about a 16-ounce bag of these babies.
Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
You can make these easy chocolate chip cookies from scratch in less than 30 minutes. They taste better than store-bought and honestly, you’ll find any excuse to make them all the time.
How do you Make Chocolate Chip Cookies from Scratch
When making chewy chocolate chip cookies, start by preheating your oven to either 350F or 375F and get your baking sheets prepped with parchment paper. You start by making your cookie dough recipe by whisking together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl. In another bowl, you’ll cream the butter and sugars together, then beat the eggs and vanilla in until it’s fluffy. Add the dry stuff to the wet stuff until fully combined, then add your chocolate chips and mix. Scoop the dough evenly onto the baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes until they’re just barely golden brown. Resist the urge to burn your mouth on them by letting them cool a little before enjoying these deliciously soft chocolate chip cookies.
Expert Tips and Tricks for the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies Every Time
- Get the wet ingredients fluffy. That’s the secret to beautiful chocolate chip cookies in texture and taste. When making this chocolate chip cookies recipe, its is important to nail the texture of the cookie dough.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand. Don’t use your mixer for that one. You can also reserve some to add on top of the scooped balls of dough to ensure every cookie has plenty of chocolate.
- Feel free to change the chips. Or add to them. They’re great with milk chocolate, white chocolate, or even chocolate chunks.
- If you use chunks, chop them. When you can only find chocolate chunks, give them a good chop so they’re more evenly distributed throughout the cookies in every bite.
What is the most Popular Chocolate Chip Cookie?
For ready-made chocolate chip cookies, Nabisco tops the list. But making them yourself is far more rewarding, and more delicious than anything you’ll find on the supermarket shelves.
How to make Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Follow this recipe and you’ll know how to make chocolate chip cookies from scratch. They only require a few pantry staples and less than 30 minutes of your time from start to finish.
How do you make Chocolate Chip Cookies Step by Step?
You’ll take the dry ingredients and combine, then combine the wet ingredients, then mix them together and add the chocolate chips. You’ll scoop them onto the baking trays and bake them for 8 to 10 minutes. Follow this recipe for the full details.
How to make Cookie Dough?
Chocolate chip cookie dough is made by mixing flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, melted butter, white sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, and chocolate chips.
What makes a Cookie Soft and Chewy or Crispy?
Brown sugar is what helps keep cookies moist and soft. White sugar makes it crispier. If you have a preference of one over the other, you can adjust the sugar content to have it come out to the texture you love.
What makes a Cookie Moist and Chewy?
It is the brown sugar. It gives it that moisture while creating a chewy, caramelized texture and flavor in a chewy and soft chocolate chip cookie recipe.
For those of you making Toll House, here are some good tips!
How do I make Toll House Cookie Dough Better?
If you have pre-made dough you want to use up, consider adding some cinnamon, vanilla extract, or a little sea salt on top. It will definitely improve the taste.
How do you make Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies Soft?
Choose 375F over 350F if you want softer cookies. They’ll bake faster this way, though watch the baking time. They’ll be ready in about 8 minutes. Check to see the color and remove them from the oven when they’re still light in goldenness to avoid overbaking.
How Long to Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies?
You will bake them for 8 to 10 minutes. They should have a very slight golden brown color to them. Remember, they’ll keep cooking through when you take them out of the oven.
How to Store Chocolate Chip Cookies?
As long as you put them in an airtight container, your chocolate chip cookies will be good for about 2 weeks on the countertop. Here, we’ll have eaten them all after a few days, you can count on it!
How Long Do Chocolate Chip Cookies Last?
You can put them in the fridge to last longer, but they’ll generally last about 2 weeks after baking when you put them in plastic zippered bags with the air squeezed out or in an airtight container.
Can You Freeze Chocolate Chip Cookies?
It’s definitely a great way to preserve a good batch of chocolate chip cookies. As long as they’re wrapped well, they’ll keep for at least a month, though they will be better the sooner you get to them.
How to Thaw Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Put them out on the counter until they’re room temperature. This won’t take long but if you’re impatient, you can always zap them for a few seconds at a time in the microwave.
Watch How To Make Chocolate Chip Cookies (Video)
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup salted butter (melted)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (or about 16 oz)
- Depending on your oven, preheat to 350F or 375F and line some baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and set aside. In a separate mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars and then beat in the eggs and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until fully combined. Add in 16 oz of semisweet chocolate chips and mix.
- Using a 2 tbsp cookie scoop, place the dough in evenly spaced balls on the baking sheet. Bake for about 8-10 minutes until just barely golden brown. Allow to cool before enjoying.