Level: Easy | Yields: 15 Servings | Prep Time: 1 hour 15 min | Cook Time: 10 min | Total Time: 1 hour 25 min
• 3/4 cup unsalted butter
• 3/4 cup granulated sugar
• 1/3 cup brown sugar
• 1 large egg
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 2 cups all purpose flour
• 2 tsp cornstarch
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl add the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Then using an electric hand mixer on medium speed, mix together until evenly combined and creamy. This should take about 2 minutes. Then, add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until evenly combined. Set aside.
- Using a separate large mixing bowl add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt and whisk together until evenly combined. Next, add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and using the electric hand mixer beat on a low speed until well combined.
- Now comes the important part. Using plastic wrap or aluminum foil, cover the dough securely and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour (or as long as 2 days). Chilling the dough is important!
- When you are ready to make your chocolate chip cookies, preheat the oven to 350F. Remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator and allow to thaw at room temperature for about 10 minutes. Prepare 2 baking sheets by lining them with parchment paper. Next, scoop out equal amounts of cookie dough using a spoon or ice cream scoop (about 2 tablespoons) and roll your cookie dough balls in your hands and place them in spaced out rows on your baking sheets.
- Bake cookie dough for 10-12 minutes until the cookies have just barely started to turn golden brown around the edges. If you’re like me and love your chocolate chip cookies extra chewy, bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!